Monday 10 September 2012

Four Angled Beans




Also called kacang botol. It was planted along a fence in our garden   where we had fun picking the fruits. This is how grandma and mom cooked it. Although grandma and mom would make the chilli from scratch, I scooped it out of a bottle bought from the supermarket. I remember slicing this vegetable the way grandma taught me although mom would say slice it thinner. The young beans can also be eaten raw with sambal belachan (chilli with lime and shrimp paste).

3 comments:

  1. They look very pretty, it looks delicious
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an interesting looking bean.
    Thanks for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I have never seen most of the food available on this planet! My knowledge of preparing food is also quite limited. These beans really look interesting and tasty!

    ReplyDelete