Thursday 20 September 2012

Pineapple Heaven Doily - White


It is complete. Slightly less mistakes than the burgundy but still not satisfied. This is tatted in Milford 40 and measures about 7.5 inches across, an inch smaller than the Size 20.

I had both Milford Size 40 and Size 60 thread balls out and when I had to replenish threads in the shutttle for this doily, I had forgotten which size threads I used. I looked at both from the ball and compared it to the shuttle thread and could not distinguish them. In the end I chose Size 40 and hoped for the best. It looks about right.

10 comments:

  1. It certainly does! Very pretty.

    I could not see the difference in thread when I looked very closely.

    If you compare it to the burgundy one, I feel that the leaves show up a lot more in the darker version. The white is pristine and fine looking, but design-wise, the other shows off the lines better. Says me!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty. I liked the Burgandy, but I think this one is even prettier. Your tatting is exquisite in both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exquisite! A great design and beautifully tatted! It would seem that size 40 is the proper thread! Was it difficult to block?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, this is very pretty! You amaze me time after time with these feats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful, what a great wonderful pattern, I have lost track is this your pattern. It's looks so lacey and pretty
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. THis looks gorgeous - terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your wonderful comments.

    Fox, The burgundy one has more mistakes so I like the white better but the burgundy colour is more striking, I must agree. Let's see it in yellow, green, red, black. Anyone up to tatting this?

    To answer Margaret: this is Doretha Albee's pattern.

    Kathy - Not difficult to block at all.

    I have decided that this pattern is so pretty that I am going to tat it again in a different colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this in White, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete